Patricia Riekel (editor in chief of Bunte) starts the discussion with a lecture on how love between men and women diverges. While women want sex because of love, men want sex at first place and love follows eventually but not always. Being the editor in chief of a celebrity magazine she followed many stories of celebrities across the world. The interest of the public in celebrity love stories is mirrored in the need of people for love. However, the perception of love changed in society. The efficiency aspect of love and what the individual gets out from it has become more important. How should we ulitmately love? For Riekel, love is to let go and to have no expectations and no regrets. Maria Bragagna, a physician who founded the Academy for Sexual Health, in 2009, continues to talk about how to deal with sexual related issues. The usual problem her patients are confronting her is a couple's mismatch in their sexual desires. The first step is to stop blaming each other and search for guilt but to search for the root cause of the problem. Maria Furtwängler-Burda ask about what Bragagna recommends to solve sexual undesire. Bragagna suggests to to get naked and to look and explore at each other. "Before there is intercourse, there have to be content." For Bragagna, female look at them as aestethic objects including their genitals, whereas men look at them as sensual objects. Hence, women often times feel ugly with limits their sexual desire. The solution is to get rid of the aestethic expectations women have regarding their bodies. "Aestethic has nothing to do with erotic" accroding to Bragagna.
To link your Twitter account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
To link your Facebook account with your DLD profile, we need you to enter your DLD Email and Password. You only do this once.
Mentioned in this live blog
Editor in Chief
Academy for Sexual Health
Sexualmedizin und Sexualtherapie
Academy for Sexual Health
All DLDwomen13 Blogposts
- Avian intelligence: Innovation skills in tool-using New Caledonian crows and parrots
- Creative Collaboration
- Sleep as a Risk Factor
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows
- Learn, Learn, Learn!
- Workshop: The Art of Screwing / Die Feine Art des Vögelns
- How Does Biology Drive Behavior
- Brands Go Social
- Everlasting Love?
- Workshop: "Family Planning for the LGBT Community"
- Glamour Patterns
- Passion for Fashion
- Let's Start Up - Guide to Your Own Business
- How to Trigger Female Entrepreneuship
- It's About Choices - From Contraception to Social Freezing
- Please Walk on the Grass - the Art of Getting Lost and Finding Yourself
- Decisionmaking - Why You Can't Always Get What You Want
- Hurdles of Philanthropy
- Africa Connect
- DLDwomen Impact Award 2013
- Innovation Made in Europe
- Workshop: "Build a Community"
- Images Leading the Way
- Power & Leadership in Changing Times
- How Helping Women Helps the World
- Workshop: "How to Win Men’s Support for Change"
- Forget About Old Boys' Clubs
- Where are Marla Zuckerberg, Mary Jobs and Joan Bezos?
- The Female Quota - A Success Story?
- Workshop: "Living without Fear"
- A True Romance - Digital & Luxury
- Is Media Ruling Our Self-Perception?
- Diversity Beyond Gender
- The Athena Doctrine
- Workshop: "We All Have a Voice. We Just Need to Find It!"
- Demo - Detect Your Thoughts, Feelings Emotions!
- Demo - Track Yourself!
- The Power of Words - A Storyteller's View
- Protection of Personal Data – A European Wake Up Call
- Future of Work - Germany meets Silicon Valley